From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alsa build problem
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 04:57:37
1 > Well... I was using 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 and upgraded to 2.6.16 hoping
2 > this was bug in the Kernel version. The strange thing is that kernel
3 > alsa works fine but the alsasound script reports errors. The
4 > alsa-driver packages just fails to compile as I said.
5
6 But you didn't say enough. Is it looking at "include/linux/pci.h"
7 from /usr/src/linux, /usr, or someplace else? This is information
8 that should be in the preceding lines.
9
10 Actually the most useful part to look at would be the configure
11 output. You should see a line that starts with "./configure",
12 followed by a bunch of "checking for ..." lines.
13
14 Also, you might try alsa-driver-1.0.11_rc4. It is keyworded ~x86, but
15 should have lots of bug fixes over 1.0.10.
18 > The sound card is CMI 8738 and the motherboard is an old Asus TUV4X.
19
20 You will probably want to set ALSA_CARDS=cmi8330 in /etc/make.conf to
21 avoid building a bunch of drivers that you don't need.
22
23 -Richard
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list