From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print to cups printer from Windows - any good instructions?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:48:28
1 On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On Tuesday 16 December 2008 21:48:50 Willie Wong wrote:
4 >
5 >> Basically you just need
6 >
7 > [...]
8 >
9 > What else do we need if the printer is an HP DJ4260? This seems to need
10 > net-print/hplip installed, but I haven't been able to get this working; it
11 > seems I haven't resolved a misconfiguration between hplip and cups.
12 >
13 > (Thanks for your description - it's enough to get my laser printer working.
14 > Not the inkjet, though.)
15 >
16 > --
17 > Rgds
18 > Peter
21 Peter,
22 Is the DJ4260 accessible on the cups server using the LPR -P <NAME> command?
23
24 If so, are you attempting to print from Vista or XP? With XP
25 installing the Adobe generic postscript driver was enough to get my HP
26 inkjet working. (Not this model though) From Vista I had to install
27 the specific Vista driver for my inkjet.
28
29 - Mark