From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any consequences to package.mask'ing newer kernels?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:05:27
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin ha scritto:
2 > besides critical bug fixes, security fixes and driver updates?
3 >
4 > IMHO masking never kernels is a really bad idea.
5
6 Why? I upgrade my kernel once in a blue moon -that is, when I need to
7 because of new features I need, because of incompatibility with current
8 system (i.e. upgrade to udev) or just because I need to recompile to
9 enable/disable something and, since I'm recompiling anyway, I also
10 upgrade.(note that I don't use genkernel)
11
12 Otherwise, I personally don't bother. If my kernel currently serves me
13 well and there is nothing new I really need, why having to recompile,
14 with the risk to make a mess?
15
16 m.
17 --