From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd questions: hdparm unit file, OpenRC packages
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:04:52
1 Am Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:40:04 +0200
2 schrieb Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
3
4 > Kai Krakow wrote:
5 > [...]
6 > >>
7 > >> You might want to also look at sys-process/systemd-cron as a
8 > >> bridge. It basically generates timer units from your crontab and
9 > >> also runs the stuff in /etc/cron.*.d/. But, timer scripts also
10 > >> work just fine and I do that for stuff that I want a bit more
11 > >> control over.
12 > >
13 > > I don't suggest so. Services don't spawn session which cronjobs may
14 > > depend upon (most don't, tho). Cron spawns a session in the system
15 > > context. Both is not the same, so you should carefully decide which
16 > > cronjob to convert to a timer. Everything in /etc/cron* should work,
17 > > but timers are not a replacement for cron.
20 > Thanks for all the hints, I'll test them in the next weeks.
21 >
22 > I used cron mainly for backup scripts and log rotation, it should be
23 > fairly easy to convert to one of the above (cron session vs. timer)
24 > once I fully digest the implications.
25
26 I'm doing so, too: I use the timers for backup.
29 Regards,
30 Kai
31
32 Replies to list-only preferred.