From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hosted server as distcc machine
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:21:45
1 On Monday 27 March 2006 12:16, Grant wrote:
2 > So you're saying if I don't use PKI, the remote system is going to
3 > prompt me for a password after I'm already logged in? You say "each
4 > compile that goes to an ssh host will ask for a password". At what
5 > point in the emerge process does this happen?
6 Anytime you dipatch a job to another system. If you are using ssh to send
7 your jobs (instead of distccd) you will be prompted for a password for every
8 job you send to the remote host. That is of course until distcc realises it
9 can't communicate and will then fall back to sending the jobs to localhost.
10 If you have a lot of jobs you are sending to distcc then you will see a huge
11 increase in your load average as a result.
14 Zac Slade
15 krakrjak@××××××××××.net
16 ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99
17 --