From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot get Powernow/frequency scaling to work
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:02:37
1 Am Montag 04 Juni 2007 01:58 schrieb Jamie:
2 > I have recompiled my kernel as per the Powernow HOWTO at
3 > www.gentoo-wiki.com but cannot seem to get any Powernow or frequency
4 > scaling support.
5 > A dmesg | grep powernow returns nothing , it is enabled in the BIOS of the
6 > machine and works under Windows but will not work in Gentoo.
7 > I am running the an Athlon 64 3200+ but running the x86 version of Gentoo
8 > so that I can run the software I require that is not well supported under
9 > x64.
10 >
11 > Any ideas apprecaited.
12 >
13 > Thanks
14 >
15 > Jame
16
17 Did you load the modules? That's not mentioned in the howto.
18
19 modprobe powernow_k8