From: Jens Pelzetter <jens.pelzetter@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NetworkManager stopped to managed wired device
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:21:15
1 On 16.02.20 20:35, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 16 February 2020 08:34:22 CET, Jens Pelzetter <jens.pelzetter@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hello everyone,
4 >>
5 >> as I just noticed NetworkManager has stopped to manage the wired
6 >> connection on my notebook. Even putting managed=true into the
7 >> configuration does not change anything... NetworkManager simply says
8 >> "Not managed" for wired devices. How do I fix this?
9 >>
10 >> Best regards
11 >>
12 >> Jens
13 >
14 > Where do you put that directive?
15
16 Into the [ifupdown] section of /etc/NetworkManager.conf
17
18 > I don't have anything configured on my laptop (apart from installing networkmanager and adding it to the default runlevel) and networkmanager just works.
19
20 So did I, but sometime ago something must have changed. Might be even
21 two or three months ago. Since than, the wired interface on my notebook
22 is not longer managed...
23
24 And I don't find the reason. Any help is appreciated...
25
26 Best regards
27
28 Jens