From: Arkady Grudzinsky <grudziar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gthumb doesn't display images
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:35:24
1 Hmm... Since this e-mail went totally ignored, I have to answer my own
2 question (just for the record).
3 The problem went away after I installed Nautilus. Gthumb magically started
4 to "see" images and display thumbs (as it is supposed to if the name means
5 anything). Apparently, both Nautilus and Gthumb use some dependency to
6 generate thumbnails. This dependency is not stated explicitly in Gthumb
7 README. Nautilus pulled a dozen of dependencies, and I did not spend time to
8 find out which particular one was the culprit. I guess, people installing
9 Gthumb typically have Gnome with all bells and whistles which wasn't the
10 case with me. This is why very few people encounter the problem. Apparently
11 this omission in documentation must be fixed, but I wouldn't bother with bug
12 submissions.
13
14 Arkady.
15