From: Justin Krejci <jus@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Paweł Madej" <linux@××××××××.info>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] irc / irc-services software issue
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:16:01
1 On Friday 02 December 2005 10:02 am, Pawe³ Madej wrote:
2 > hello,
3 >
4 > I want to run irc server with services but i cant find any tutorial how
5 > to do it. More complicated for me is what software to choose because
6 > some services dont work with all ircd's and on other hand there is no
7 > package like in debian for ex. dancer-ircd / dancer-services.
8 >
9 > I ask for some recomendations what software you are using and why?
10 >
11 > Greets
12 > Pawel
13
14 I use ngircd (its in portage) because it is easy to setup (not a giant asshat
15 of a config file) and works just fine.
16
17 http://ngircd.barton.de/
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list