From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bash upgrading problem
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 18:03:27
1 On 2019.01.19 05:51, Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Le ven. 18 janv. 2019 à 21:36, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> a
3 > écrit :
4 > > On 18/01/2019 13:29, Jacques Montier wrote:
5 [snip....]
6 > Thanks Jack and Nikos,
7 >
8 > I did not have any problem with bash emerge so far.
9 It is not clear if you do not have any problem with the emerge, or if
10 it is still failing.
11 > Here is the attached log.
12 [snip....]
13 > The only thing i did some days ago, was to change my user jacques
14 > password. In the sudoers file, i have the row : jacques ALL=(ALL)
15 > NOPASSWD: ALL So with sudo, i don't have to write the root password.
16 Changing the password should not cause any problems, and that sudo
17 entry look fine.
18 >
19 > It is not version bash related as i tried to re-emerge the installed
20 > app-shells/bash and it fails.
21 So you DO still have the problem.
22 [snip....]
23
24 ------quoted attachment
25 “app-shells:bash-4.4_p23-r1:20190119-102517.log”------
26 [snip much of emerge log....]
27 So the problem occurs at the end of the ./configure stage. You did not
28 include this in your original post.
29 > checking which library has the termcap functions... (cached) using
30 > libcurses
31 > checking whether /dev/fd is available...
32 > ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
33 > preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
34 So this is the real error - portage can't (pre)load libsandbox.so.
35 1) When is the last time you did a full upgrade? I'm now wondering if
36 you have inconsistent versions of different packages installed.
37 2) Try re-emerging sys-apps/sandbox.
38 3) If that does not work, try running revdep-rebuild. It should not
39 normally be necessary, but there are times. Did an emerge world ever
40 get interrupted?
43 > We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
44 > Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
45 >
46 > #1) Respect the privacy of others.
47 > #2) Think before you type.
48 > #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
49 >
50 > Sorry, try again.
51 > sandbox:stop caught signal 2 in pid 10364
52 > sudo: 1 incorrect password attempt
53 > sandbox:stop Send signal 4 more times to force SIGKILL
54 [snipped repeated error....]
55
56 Jack