From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I inactivate the anachronism called CAPSLOCK on X?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:57:03
1 On 2011-04-05, meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > I am using a recent gentoo (updated on a nearly daily basis).
4 > For me the CAPSLOCK-function is totally useless and I want
5 > to deactivate it as soon as possible to ACCIDENTLY SWITCH
6 > ANYthing uppeRCASE. ;)
7
8 Here's what I use in my xorg.conf to turn "caps-lock" into a "ctrl"
9 key:
10
11 Section "InputClass"
12 Identifier "keyboard-all"
13 Driver "evdev"
14 Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps,compose:ralt,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
15 MatchIsKeyboard "on"
16 EndSection
17
18 It also turns the right-hand ALT key into a compose key and enables
19 ctrl-alt-backspace as the termination sequence for the X server.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! WHOA!! Ken and Barbie
23 at are having TOO MUCH FUN!!
24 gmail.com It must be the NEGATIVE
25 IONS!!