From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:00:06
1 On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>  wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>
7 >>> I noticed this today:
8 >>>
9 >>> The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
10 >>> #required by @selected, required by @world (argument)
11 >>> # /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
12 >>> # Tomáš Chvátal<scarabeus@g.o>  (27 Jul 2011)
13 >>> # Old replaced packages. Will be removed in 30 days.
14 >>> # app-office/openoffice ->  app-office/libreoffice
15 >>> # app-office/openoffice-bin ->  app-office/libreoffice-bin
16 >>> # app-text/wpd2sxw ->  app-text/wpd2odt
17 >>>
18 >>>>
19 >>>> =app-office/openoffice-3.2.1-r1
20 >>>>
21 >>>
22 >>> Does this mean that libreoffice is going to replace OOo in the tree?
23 >>>
24 >>
25 >> Looks like it. It has already replaced it on all my computers.
26 >>
27 >> Gentoo's OpenOffice has included the go-oo patches for a long time
28 >> anyway, which were the big thing changed about LibreOffice (those
29 >> patches included in mainline), and using the two I can honestly say
30 >> there's really no difference as far as I can tell, aside from the
31 >> splash screen. Somebody posted about some Sun templates a while
32 >> back... maybe something proprietary like that is changed, but
33 >> OpenTemplate.org is meant to replace those anyway.
34 >>
35 >> I would say switch to LibreOffice and don't look back. :)
39 > OK.  I just wanted to make sure I was reading that right.  I guess
40 > Openoffice is a thing of the past now.
41 >
42 > Question, is libreoffice available on winders too?  I need to put that on my
43 > bro's rig to if it is.  My bro still uses winders.  I been waiting on him to
44 > get up some cash to build a new rig with Gentoo on it.  ;-)
45
46 Yep, I use it on my Windows 7 machine at work, everything is fine.
47 Also available for Macintosh users (or Mac as they seem to call it
48 these days).