From: Stewart Taylor <stewarta.taylor@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems installing
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 21:30:41
1 Hi all
2
3 I've been trying to install Gentoo. I
4 want to see if Gentoo is for me so I've
5 kept it simple. My first attempt I tried
6 a stage1 install, as this failed the
7 second time I tried a stage3 install, if
8 it failed less time wasted. Both times I
9 opted for a genkernel install,
10 everything seemed OK, no error messages
11 and all stages completed. However both
12 times when I get to 7.d ls /boot/kernel*
13 /boot/initrd* I get the same result both
14 times:
15 /boot/initrd*:no such file or directory
16 /boot/kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-genkernel-r6
17
18 Taking the entry in the grub configure
19 example as a guide I've searched for any
20 initrd files just in case it's somewhere
21 else the only entries are a couple of
22 .gz files in /usr/man/man4 nothing else.
23
24 I could use some help to sort this out
25 as I have no idea what to do.
26
27 TIA
28