From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Keep alive within SSH session
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:52:07
1 On 07/20/2016 12:44 AM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2016-07-19 17:55 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >
4 >> one more suggestion:
5 >>
6 >> autossh
7 >
8 > When I need a long-running ssh connection in the background (usually
9 > for the -D or -L functionality), I do it with the supervisor daemon.
10 >
11 > I admit I don't know if this would be workable for an interactive
12 > session with a terminal.
13
14 I dunno exactly if autossh fits the OP's needs, I just use autossh
15 within systemd service files to keep up forwarded ssh tunnels to remote
16 systems successfully (current project in progress ... embedded systems
17 that should "call home" in a a way).
18
19 Most of the subscribers here know me as pro-systemd-gentoo-user ;-)