From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 21:12:47
1 On 2016-11-08, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Well, I don't handle classified information, but if I had my work
4 > correspondence sent to a personal email address on a server I
5 > maintained, I'd almost certainly be fired for it.
6
7 Even if it was the president of the company that ordered the server to
8 be set up and told you to use it? It was certainly against previous
9 State Department policy. OTOH, when the Secretary of State says "do
10 this", that sort of becomes State Department policy. ;)
11
12 > The few folks I've talked to who do handle classified information
13 > say that they would probably face criminal charges, or at least
14 > certain termination, for doing the same.
15
16 They claim was that they didn't knowingly use the private server for
17 classified stuff. It turns out they were wrong about that.
18
19 > Is this issue HRC's biggest problem? Hardly.
20
21 Judging by the Trumpian rhetoric, it is. There are people who say she
22 should be stood up in front of a firing squad and shot for it. And I
23 don't think they were being hyperbolic.
24
25 > Is it symptomatic of the larger issues? Certainly.
28 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! If elected, Zippy
29 at pledges to each and every
30 gmail.com American a 55-year-old
31 houseboy ...