From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 03:10:18
1 On 2010-07-02, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:19:36 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> Not really. The OP's choice of mail client isn't going to change
5 >> what happens when people reply to his postings. He wants "reply-to"
6 >> to contain his address as well as the list address so that he gets a
7 >> direct response and doesn't have to bother to check the mailing list
8 >> for replies.
9 >
10 > So he wants other people to take the trouble to reply, but he won't take
11 > the trouble to look for the replies?
12
13 That's the way it read to me. If that's not what the OP meant, then I
14 apologize for misunderstanding what he wrote.
15
16 > If he really finds it so difficult to look for replies to his mails
17 > (some mailers will highlight them), he could always set up a filter
18 > to copy replies to him to his mailbox.
19
20 Yup. Since the mailing list is already sending him a reply, why he
21 wants a second one is beyond me.
22
23 > You don't always need everyone else to change to get what you want.
24
25 Well, I know some people who are like that...
28 Grant