From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome doesn't recognize removable media
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:19:53
1 reQuiem23 wrote:
2 >
3 > Florian Philipp-4 wrote:
4 >
5 >> reQuiem23 schrieb:
6 >>
7 >>> Hello all,
8 >>>
9 >>> I emerged Gnome 2.24 and am now experiencing problems with removable
10 >>> media.
11 >>> It was not an upgrade, but a new install. Whenever i insert a CD or USB
12 >>> stick, the system recognizes it (as you can see in the output of tail
13 >>> /var/log/messages), but nautilus doesn't show a desktop icon or even
14 >>> auto-mounts the volume. Are there any log files (maybe from udev and
15 >>> nautilus) or settings i could check to investigate the problem? or is
16 >>> there
17 >>> anything special about 2.24 that i could have overread?
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> Most likely either hald is not running or some gnome packages were
21 >> emerged without the hal useflag.
27 > the hal USE-flag is enabled and all packages are compiled with it. hald is
28 > also running. is there any information (logs, for example) which would help
29 > to investigate the problem?
33 I use KDE and mine doesn't do this either. It does for my camera but
34 not a memory stick or that sort of thing. I am curious as to how that
35 worked before tho cause I would like it to work for me too. If it can
36 work with Gnome it should be some way for KDE to work too. Vice versa
37 as well.
38
39 Dale
40