From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:19:03
1 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Here is the thing that is so odd, it will open any other
5 >> large file and work fine but it will mess up on emerge.log.
8 > Open a copy of your emerge.log in vim and do:
9 >
10 > :%s/\*\*\*//
11 >
12 > After that KWrite will handle the file without a problem. As to
13 > why, I can only guess: when the stars are still there, KWrite shows
14 > folding markers, so it sees the file as some kind of code and tries
15 > to "format" it, arrange it in paragraphs, and sometime searches the
16 > entire file in vain for some matching paragraph-closing element.
17 > When the stars are gone, it sees the file as plain text and doesn't
18 > do any searching.
19 >
20 > Benno
23 Hmmmm, I don't have vim installed. It appears that it will pull in a
24 good bit of dependancies too. Is there another way to do this? I'm on
25 dial-up and it will take a good while just to download all it needs to
26 install.
27
28 What you are saying makes sense though. As soon as I try to scroll
29 down, it locks right up.
30
31 Thanks.
32