From: Antonio Quartulli <ordex@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot gentoo in 5 seconds?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:58:07
1 depending on your platform.
2 For asus eeepc has been developed a software named finit-mod which
3 substitute init executable in the boot process.
4
5 I am working on a finit-mod version for gentoo. Actually i use it on my
6 eeepc with gentoo but there is a big problem...you have to avoid the use
7 of init scripts..
8
9 regards
10
11 Liviu Andronic ha scritto:
12 > Dear all,
13 > Today I stumbled on several posts [1] [2] concerning start-up speed of
14 > Linux. Compared with the 5-17 secs posted in the posts, my (slightly
15 > old) Gentoo needs around two minutes from power button to DE idle.
16 > Are there any developments in Gentoo concerning this?
17 > Thanks,
18 > Liviu
19 >
20 > [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/299483/