From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xsane - emial "connection failed"
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 14:22:06
1 On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 08:51:40 PM thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I'm trying to use/setup xsane to email simple document (pdf file)
3 >
4 > I've set all the parameters in xsane - preference - setup: email
5 > correct but I still get an error:
6 > SMTP connection failed
7 >
8 > I'm using port 25 on mail.shaw.ca
9 > so there is no authentication and the mail should be accepted.
10
11 Not necessarily.
12 Are you certain you can connect to that port from the machine you are running
13 xsane on?
14 Most ISPs block port 25 as a global anti-spam measure.
15
16 > sending mail from command line using "mailto" works; so xsane shouldn't
17 > have a problem sending mail.
18 >
19 > I can not find any logs for xsane program.
20
21 Run it from a console. Then you might see some output from the program.
24 Joost