From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: About procmail and getline
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:51:06
1 On 15 Jun 2009, at 08:34, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Much more work than it's worth. It's easier to reinstall.
4 > ...
5 > There was a recent thread on this, and the OP eventually decided to
6 > write a
7 > script that listed every package he had and copy this to
8 > package.mask (with
9 > ">" in front of course), then just wait for everything in stable to
10 > catch up.
11
12 I considered that to be an easy & straight-forward way to undertake
13 the "downgrade".
14
15 I'm not sure if every installed package was marked in this way or
16 merely every package in world?
17
18 But indeed the poster who suggested this method stated that he had
19 gone from ~x86 to fully x86 in a matter of a few months.
20
21 Stroller.