From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: FW: [gentoo-user] livecd does not boot after gentoo install
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:39:01
1 Hello list,
2
3 I am posting the message again because I sent it over the weekend and
4 some of you may not have seen it.
5
6 After using a livecd to make a successful gentoo install, I tried to
7 boot from the livecd again but in every attempt the bios keep booting
8 grub from the hard drive. If I remove the hard drive from the list of
9 boot devices in the bios and force it to boot from the CD rom I get the
10 message: OS not found; I am sure the livecd is in the CD rom but
11 apparently it is not recognized. What would be the reason for this
12 behavior?
13
14 Any inputs on this problem appreciated.
15
16 Thanks,
19 Valmor
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list