From: Dmitry Makovey <mldimon@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logitech WebCam Pro 9000 and sound card [SOLVED?]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 06:06:52
1 For completeness here's what I have ended up with:
2
3 /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf :
4
5 alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
6 alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
7 alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
8
9 options snd cards_limit=4 slots=snd-hda-intel,snd-hda-intel,snd-usb-audio
10
11 alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
12 alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
13 options snd-card-0 enable=1 model=6stack-dig
14
15 now as it turns out that sandwich of a sound system we're expected to
16 run currently has more than one weak point. So I have learned that ALSA
17 was only part of my problem, and I got it working just fine with the
18 above config, now pulseaudio and phonon were two other areas where I
19 didn't expect to struggle but I did!
20
21 In the end, after spending some hours reading bulks of documents on
22 ALSA, pulseaudio and phonon and noticing that in KDE-4.3.5 my control
23 panel was showing not the stuff that documentation for abovementioned
24 pieces suggests, I killed pulseaudio daemon, then restarted it back from
25 command line and... lo-and-behold I've got "PulseAudio Sound Server" in
26 the list of available output devices. Here's what I've done:
27
28 in my home directory
29
30 $ cat .kde4/Autostart/pulseaudio.sh
31 #!/bin/sh
32
33 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --kill
34 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start -D
35
36 now things are "singing" again. Doesn't look like I'm getting both ALSA
37 and PulseAudio, but that's OK - so far it seems like PulseAudio picks
38 the right sinks/sources.
39
40 I am not exactly sure why do I need to kill pulseaudio and restart it
41 again - but it works. Anybody with a better insight please correct me.