From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting printer working, the road of Pain.
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 18:04:50
1 On 2022-09-08 12:52-0400 Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > […]
4 >
5 > Right now linux is so broken that the CUPS web interface will deny
6 > all attempts to administer the printer and reject any password. The
7 > config file is written in moonspeak, I just need the motherfucking
8 > thing to say yes when I tell it to do a thing. I expect it to take
9 > 2-3 days just to get over this hurdle.
10
11 I solved this problem by replacing the contents of every <Location>
12 block with:
13
14 Order allow,deny
15 Allow localhost
16 Allow from fd69:0:0:0:*
17 Allow from 192.168.69.*
18
19 > How can people actually go around installing linux on people's
20 > computers as if they were doing them a favor when it really is this
21 > bad?
22
23 It's not bad at all if you use a distribution with a better default
24 configuration, pre-installed drivers and a pre-installed GUI for setting
25 up the automatically detected printer in less than 5 clicks.
26 Unless you have a printer from a shitty company, of course.