From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sr0 has disappeared: kernel bug ?
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:24:42
1 Further to my earlier report,
2 I have got 2.6.25 to work again after enabling 'evdev'
3 & have just successfully written System Rescue 1.2.0 using it.
4
5 I also compiled 2.6.29-r4 -- the latest in Gentoo testing --
6 & enabled the alternative IDE mode without anything changing.
7 I also recompiled Udev Dbus & Hal without any improvement.
8 Kernel 2.6.29 is simply not creating a device for the CD drive.
9 There is a thread on the Forum during the last few days,
10 but it's like a conversation in a high-school cafeteria (smile)
11 & nothing has been resolved: others don't get /dev/sr0 either.
12
13 Comments still welcome (I've sent output to a helper off the list).
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca