From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nomachine <--> nxserver-freenx
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:17:58
1 On 02/10/15 09:07, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I'm still using "nxserver-freenx" and "nxclient" they are working OK with
5 >> XFCE
6 >> and they are still valid packages.
7 >>
8 >> Does it mean, they might be pulled out of gentoo packages?
9 >> Is x2go stable on XFCE4?
12 >I've had my share of issues with both. I doubt that anybody is going
13 >to get rid of nx just to do it. However, it has been fairly dead
14 >upstream and that probably means all the usual kinds of issues (maybe
15 >some dependency update will break it, etc). If I were still actively
16 >using it I'd be looking for alternatives, though to be honest there
17 >aren't really many out there.
18 >
19 >It seems like everybody has been moving more and more towards things
20 >like client-side-rendering, hardware acceleration, and so on. The
21 >experience on NX was slowly becoming a lot more like VNC anyway.
22
23 How does it work: client-side-rendering. Is there a solution on Gentoo.
24
25 For me "nxserver-freenx" still works perfectly on Gentoo but I couldn't get nxclient to work on xubuntu.
28 Joseph