From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware - help
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:21:43
1 On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Hi all, looking for some serious vmware debugging help!  I've had
3 > vmware-workstation working for ages, but sometime this year (ok I use it
4 > sporadically!) it's stopped.  I don't know if its the old GTK issue or
5 > what.  No google searches has found anything similar, although I've
6 > tried a lot of suggestions I found anyway.  Most recently I've
7 > recompiled the kernel, modules and workstation.
8 >
9 > I currently using workstation 6.5.4.246459 with tuxonice sources 2.6.35
10 > and modules 1.0.0.25-r1
11 <SNIP>
12
13 If you have working VMWare images then you might (in the short term -
14 until you solve this problem) get the VMWare Player and use it to run
15 what you need right now.
16
17 I found that once I had set up a few Windows images I didn't need
18 Workstation anymore. True, it has some nice features, but I wasn't
19 using them.
20
21 I use the Pentoo overlay for my copy of the Player. I'm sure it's
22 available elsewhere.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark