From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail configuration
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 05:27:55
1 On 11/25/2020 07:52 PM, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2020-11-25 at 19:41 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> But if I can not make it to work, will go back to postfix.
4 >
5 > For new setups, I've always had good success with SSMTP. Very bare,
6 > simple, and reliable.
7 >
8 > mail-mta/ssmtp in portage.
9
10 I'm trying to make ssmtp to work. But I got stuck.
11
12 On my system I'm using Thunderbird that works perfectly without much
13 difficulties.
14 On my system I need ssmtp to just sent mail out to my provider (incoming
15 mail is handled by Thunderbird) and get a local mail from emerge, etc
16 handled by ssmtp.
17
18 From POP account I have:
19 mail.my-domain.com Port: 110
20 user name: email-address
21
22 Outgoing mail: mail.my-domain.com Port: 1025
23 user name: email-address
24
25 Both incoming mail and outgoing mail require password.
26
27 I entered in: ssmtp.conf
28 mailhub=smtp.my-domain.com
29 rewriteDomain=
30 hostname=email-address
31 AuthUser=email-address
32 AuthPass=password
33 FromLineOverride=YES
34
35 Is there anything to improve?
36 The outgoing mail works, when tested via "mailto"
37
38 cat revaliases (did not test this one yet)
39 root:root@localdomain:mail.my-domain.com
40 thelma:info@×××××××××.com:mail.my-domain.com
41
42 Are the aliases correct?