From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to prevent emacs from installing v24?
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:32:47
1 On 2012-10-08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:49:33 +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote:
4 >
5 >> But seriously, like the other suggested, I would mask that specific
6 >> version of emacs.
7 >
8 > Emacs is slotted, so you can mask the entire 24 range if you want with
9 >
10 > app-editors/emacs:24
11 > virtual/emacs:24
12 >
13 > Actually, you should be able to mask just the virtual, because everything
14 > that needs emacs should depend on the virtual, not a particular
15 > implementation.
16
17 But if one uses emacs as their main text editor, I suppose something
18 will be in the world file, and *that* should be a specific
19 implementation, not virtual/*, right?
22 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
23 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/