From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old kernel on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:29:38
1 > I might need to build and run an old 3.x kernel on a Desktop PC for some
2 > very specific tests. Would Gentoo be a good solution? I see that currently
3 > gentoo-sources only includes 4.x and 5.x sources.
4
5 Should work but you need to make sure your glibc supports the kernel. Minimum
6 for 2.30 and 2.31 is kernel 3.2.0; if you want to go further, you need an old
7 glibc too (see separate thread, this becomes more work).
12 Andreas K. Hüttel
13 dilfridge@g.o
14 Gentoo Linux developer
15 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)