From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any consequences to package.mask'ing newer kernels?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:47:13
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:11:58 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > > equery --quiet --nocolor list --duplicates gentoo-sources | awk
4 > > '{print $1}' | head -n -2 | xargs --no-run-if-empty emerge --unmerge
5 > > &>/dev/null
6 >
7 > Out of interest:
8 >
9 > 1) Why --duplicates (i.e. am I missing something ;).
10
11 No idea, I wrote the script a couple of years ago, if I'd wanted to
12 remember how it worked I'd have commented it. :) It was never intended
13 for per review, just a quick hack top free up some disk space.
14 I originally used qpkg, but you're right that equery doesn't need
15 --duplicates.
16
17 > 2) Why the awk? Is there ever more than one column without --no-pipe ?
18
19 I don't think so, but it doesn't hurt to leave it in. I used awk
20 because the terminal output adds extra fields and I possibly didn't even
21 bother to check whether they were still there when using a pipe.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Q: Why is top-posting evil?
28 A: backwards read don't humans because