From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe flash
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:03:24
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 05:05:43 PM Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> I have a couple of systems with flash that are always a pain to update
4 >> because the checksums fail so you have to manually force a manifest
5 >> rebuild first. As I have to update them anyway, is there a ways to
6 >> override the portage checksums and say install anyway? Because this
7 >> package always fails anyway, I cant see any security gain by having a
8 >> manual update every-time anyway.
9 > I would be more interested in finding out why it fails?
10 > I use adobe flash myself and never experience a checksum issue with it.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Joost
14 >
15 > .
18 Same here. I have it installed here and don't recall ever having a
19 digest issue. It could be that something is off somewhere. If so, I'd
20 rethink bypassing the checks.
21
22 Dale
23