From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get a usb mouse working?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:50:02
1 On 11/18/05, Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 > I just can't seem to get my new mouse working. Up until now I have used a ps2
4 > mouse with no problems.
5 > Now I have a usb one and this is what I've done so far:-
6 > recompiled the kernel to include usb input devices
7 > checked that the mouse is connected using lsusb, this shows Bus 003 Device
8 > 002: ID 09da:022b A4 Tech Co., Ltd
9 > My xorg.conf reads
10 > Section "ServerLayout"
11 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
12 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
13 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
14 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
15 > EndSection
16 > Section "InputDevice"
17 > Identifier "Mouse0"
18 > Driver "mouse"
19 > Option "Protocol" "Auto"
20 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
21 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
22 > EndSection
23
24 Well, you should check dmesg when you plug your mouse to see how
25 exactly it is recognized, then use "cat" in the file that represent
26 your mouse (you're pointing to /dev/input/mice at xorg.conf, mine is
27 /dev/mice) and move the mouse, if you get garbage at the console while
28 moving it, its the right file and your mouse is working, so you just
29 need to get the right protocol (I went testing all of them till I find
30 the one, auto never did it for me).
31
32 > I can't find any info on what to do to set the new mouse correctly
33 > Can anybody please help
34 > Thanks
35 > Paul
36 > --
37 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
38 > --
39 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 Daniel da Veiga
46 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil