From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Downloading packages from a txt file
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:49:37
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:55:32AM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Wed, August 24, 2005 11:14 pm, Fernando Canizo said:
3 > The sed part transforms from a list all on one line with spaces separating
4 > to a list one per line, ie:
5 >
6 > url1 url2 url3
10 > url1
11 > url2
12 > url3
13 >
14 > Trouble is this gives a list with many alternatives for each url
15 > (depending on the number of mirrors shown in the ebuild.
16 >
17 > You then need a script to download each url ONLY if one of the earlier
18 > url's for the same file hasn't worked.
21 I don't think you do... I think "wget -c" will only download if the
22 size doesn't match. And if you trust your internet connection enough,
23 you can use "wget -nc", which only downloads if a file of the same
24 name does not exist (but doesn't check for length/size).
25
26 Though, seeing that the internet connection is on a separate machine,
27 maybe the OP would like to have integrity checking while downloading
28 (so he won't run into "D'oh, the MD5 sum doesn't match" problem). And
29 with my poor "skillz" in programming, I'd rather install portage on
30 Debian then to hack a replacement to download and check the md5 for
31 the packages.
32
33 W
34 --
35 "Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that
36 anything so mindboggingly useful could have evolved purely
37 by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the
38 final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
39 "The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove
40 that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and
41 without faith I am nothing.'
42 "`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't
43 it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you
44 exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't.
45 QED.'
46 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 13 days, 2:42
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list