From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on a Surface Pro 3?
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:55:23
1 On 01/30/2017 12:24 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Subject says it all...
3 >
4 > I acquired (on the cheap) a used Surface Pro 3 with the keyboard cover
5 > off of a relative who wasn't using it (they said the screen was too small.)
6 >
7 > I am considering putting Gentoo (or attempting to) and am wondering if
8 > anyone has had success.
9 >
10 > It looks like newer kernels have some builtin support for the hardware.
11 > Due to its form factor I will be setting up distcc to help with the
12 > build process, and using -bin packages for monstrosities like firefox
13 > and libreoffice.
14 >
15 > Dan
18 Well, so far, so good. I managed to configure an EFI stub kernel and
19 booted it on the first try! I think I still need to compare some
20 information on the kernel between the Mint boot USB and what I have, but
21 other than that, it boots!
22
23 It was then I found out that LABEL= and PARTLABEL= in fstab are two
24 different things as I watched systemd fall flat on its face.
25
26 Dan