From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:52:21
1 On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM, sean <tech.junk@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Is there a repository somewhere that you can download fdi files for a
3 > device?
4 > It seems that would make things easier for all, since many people likely
5 > use the same devices in exactly or closely similar ways?
6 >
7 > I have to get my trackball working again the way I had before the upgrade.
8
9 Not that I know of (but it's a good idea!); once you understand the
10 basic FDI syntax it is pretty easy to migrate your settings. Find the
11 device name of the trackball you want to set up in
12 /proc/bus/input/devices and then create an FDI which mimics the
13 settings you used in xorg.conf. The Ubuntu wiki has a decent little
14 tutorial on it:
15
16 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Input