From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb stick files read only
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 04:45:14
1 On 07/14/12 00:10, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 07:17:14PM -0600, Joseph wrote
3 >
4 >> How to deal with it?
5 >> I the past changing the ownership always worked from root.
6 >
7 > If the mount process detects a problem, it'll set the filesystem as
8 >readonly. You'll have to back up the data from the stick, repartition
9 >and reformat the stick, and then restore the data. There's no guarantee
10 >that the data will be 100% correct.
11 >
12 > Try the following...
13 >
14 >open a terminal; su to root; execute the command...
15 >tail -f /var/log/messages
16 >
17 >insert the USB stick. Do you see any mention of filesystem panic in the
18 >output?
19 >
20 >--
21 >Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22
23 It could be that the USB reader problem, it was giving me problem for some time and not fall apart :-/
24 Will get a new one tomorrow and try it.
27 Joseph