From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Verify WPA2?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:46:41
1 On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> Is there any way to verify that my wireless client connections are
3 >>> encrypted via WPA2?
4 >>>
5 >>> - Grant
6 >>>
7 >>
8 >> iwlist $interface scan
9 >>
10 >> Will give you enough information to tell if the wireless network
11 >> supports WPA (instead of being WPA2-only). I don't know how you might
12 >> inspect a connection from the client's perspective. That probably
13 >> depends on the tool you're using.
14 >
15 > Is it strange that I get this from iwconfig on the connected client:
16 >
17 > Encryption key:off
18
19 That's normal. iwconfig only knows about WEP. WPA and WPA2 are
20 different animals.
21
22 Looking for my laptop on my network at home; I'll do a scan so I have
23 some other examples to contrast with.
26 :wq