From: Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Running Scripts
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:41:06
1 Hi,
2
3 * Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom@×××××.com> [27/07/07 12:18]:
4 > Hello-
5 >
6 > I am programming Python (2.4.1) scripts to run on our Gentoo boxes and am
7 > having a bit of trouble I was hoping you could help me with. My file,
8 > hello.py looks like this:
9 >
10 > #!/usr/bin/python
11 > print 'hello, python'
12 >
13 > I add execute permission to the file and try to run it as follows:
14 >
15 > myprompt $ ./hello.py
16 >
17 > and get
18 >
19 > -bash: ./hello.py: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied
20 >
21 > running /usr/bin/python brings up the python shell, so that's in place.
22 >
23 > What am I missing to run these files (they run fine with I type in 'python'
24 > before the filename). BTW, I have the same issue running Perl scripts which
25 > is why I'm asking the question here.
28 Did you manage to run such scripts located in other directories? I think
29 you need support in the kernel for such scripts. Do you see
30
31 CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
32
33 in /proc/config.gz?