From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo from Gentoo...
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 09:28:20
1 On February 4, 2017 10:07:26 AM GMT+01:00, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >since I have enough space on my harddisc and because there seems no
5 >solution for my dev-python/six-problem I want to install a new gentoo.
6 >
7 >I searched through different pages on the Gentoo site but only can
8 >find those, which will install via "....and now boot the iso
9 >image...." which I dont want.
10 >
11 >Is it possible to install a bare system from a tar-ball, chroot into
12 >that and do the installation work then?
13 >
14 >And: Where can I find such a tar-bar (I only find *.iso files) ?
15 >
16 >Cheers
17 >Meino
18
19 Download the stage3 file. Link is in the handbook.
20
21 You can always unpack a stage3 and chroot into it. That is how I build gentoo VMs.
24 Joost
25 --
26 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.