From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Editing Init Scripts
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:21:50
1 On Wednesday 14 May 2014 09:40:03 Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2 > Hi all. I wish to edit the Speakup init script such that I don'at have to
3 > type:
4 >
5 > #echo soft > /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth && espeakup
6 >
7 > Every time I boot and login to my system. I added the echo portion of the
8 > command to the start() part of the script, above the ebegin line, but it
9 > didn't work. Is there anything else I need to do, or is this not possible?
10
11 You could try creating a file /etc/local.d/ speakup.start, containing your echo
12 command (and "rc-update add local default" if it isn't already there).
13
14 That would save you having to reapply your /etc/init.d/speakup change after
15 every update.
16
17 See /etc/local.d/README.
20 Regards