From: bdunglison@××××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [Copfilter] Copy of quarantined email - *** SPAM *** [6.0/6.0] Re: [gentoo-user] New USE Flags, Emerge -e world --> Broken systems -- PLEASE HELP
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 04:49:01
1 Le Jeudi 18 Mai 2006 10:22, Neil Bothwick a écrit :
2 > On Thu, 18 May 2006 06:48:44 +0200, Jonathan Chocron wrote:
3 > > Yes, USE="" is a good start. However, one has to take into account that
4 > > portage adds use flags while going through the emerge process. For
5 > > example, if you install mysql in order to use it with amaroK, mysql
6 > > would, after that emerge be turned on as a global useflag.
7 >
8 > Dynamic USE flags have been removed from portage 2.1, thankfully.
9
10 That's exactly right, but I was assuming he used the stable version of
11 portage. I now use unstable, precisely because they removed that feature !
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Jonathan