From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:03:23
1 On Tuesday 17 August 2010 08:28:11 you wrote:
2 > On Friday 06 August 2010 21:13:06 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > I am puzzled by this problem. One box of mine seems to be unable to
5 > > > show the GBP sign in OpenOffice. In any OOo application it shows a
6 > > > capital A with umlauts and then shows the £ sign.
7 > > >
8 > > > In the OOo Language Settings I have selected as Default Currency "GBP £
9 > > > English (UK)" just as I have on two other boxen, which work fine.
10 > > >
11 > > > The locales are the same LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" on all of them.
12 > > >
13 > > > Any ideas?
14 > > > --
15 > > > Regards,
16 > > > Mick
17 > >
18 > > No real idea but possibly:
19 > >
20 > > Different font sets installed?
21 > >
22 > > Incorrect/different font paths in xorg.config?
23 > >
24 > > I don't use OO so I cannot speak to it's internal settings.
25 > >
26 > > Good luck,
27 > > Mark
28 >
29 > I looked at this box again and it transpires that it also has this problem
30 > in Kmail, not just OOo. There don't seem to be any other problems with
31 > the characterset or keyboard, only the GBP sign.
32
33 Just adding to this, the £ sign works fine on the console. It is the X
34 applications (including terminals) that seem to have the problem with the '£'
35 sign.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick