From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2005.1 Universal CD install
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:33:24
1 On Wednesday 28 September 2005 07:04, Michael Kjorling wrote:
2 > On 2005-09-28 06:52 -0500, john@×××××.net wrote:
3 > > A stage 3 will not install X, unless you do emerge something after
4 > > install that requires X....like when I did an emerge kde-meta...that got
5 > > X installed, then kde and xdm, etc.
6 >
7 > That's right. Since this was on a laptop, I emerged the PCMCIA tools,
8 > which has X tools. So X got emerged as a dependency because I did not
9 > explicitly disable it (and I wanted X, anyway).
10 Yes, I guess I was unclear...my point was that it was not the stage3 install
11 that installed x...it was an emerge of something that required x. When I
12 emerged the pcmcia tools on THIS laptop, I did it with -X in the USE flags,
13 so X wasn't emerged until the kde install.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
17 > * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
18 > * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *
21 John Jolet
22 Your On-Demand IT Department
23 512-762-0729
24 www.jolet.net