From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:03:49
1 BRM wrote:
2 > Is it your keyboard? I have a couple keyboards (e.g. Microsoft Keyboards) that toggle the functionality of the Function keys. If I don't have the "Function Lock" key set correctly, then that functionality will not work. Just press the appropriate key if that is the case and it should work. (Took me a while the first time to figure that one out too. A little annoying when it gets pressed accidentally.)
3 >
4 > Ben
5 >
6 >
7 >
8 > ----- Original Message ----
9 > From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
10 > To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
11 > Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:13:23 PM
12 > Subject: [gentoo-user] ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work
13 >
14 > Hello,
15 >
16 > Ages ago switching from X to console gone :-( I need this functionality right
17 > now, but cannot find where to start ... I've googled a lot but without luck.
18 > Please can someone point me where I should to start? I think the functionality
19 > gone when I change kernel, but I don't remember the version ... .
20 >
21 > Thanks for help
22 >
23 > Pat
24 >
25 >
26 >
27
28 I also think there is a setting in xorg.conf that will disable this
29 "feature". May want to check there.
30
31 Dale
32