From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frame buffer and Mplayer
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:56:24
1 On Monday 20 November 2006 03:06, James Colby wrote:
2 > List Members -
3 >
4 > I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 with TV out. I was wondering if it
5 > was possible to set up mplayer to play a movie to a framebuffer to
6 > the TV. I am hoping to avoid having to install X on this machine, as
7 > I am using it more as a server than as a desktop.
8 >
9 > Thanks for any advice you may have for me,
10 > James
11
12 enable the "directfb" USE flag. It will pull in a ton of new packages if
13 they are not already there, and do take note of the warning about new
14 versions of DirectFB breaking old ones. You'll need to run
15 revdep-rebuild after a DirectFB update just in case - it's caught me
16 out several times.
17
18 But, the results are well worth it.
19