From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pygtk blocking pygobject
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:20:17
1 On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 08:59 -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > I get the following message when attempting to emerge world:
3 >
4 > <dev-python/pygtk-2.9 (is blocking dev-python/pygobject-2.14.0)
5 >
6 > I un-emerged pygtk and emerged pygobject but I get the same message
7 > when trying to emerge world. I did 'equery depends pygtk' and there
8 > are a few packages listed with their python USE. Should I remove the
9 > python USE flag from those packages?
10
11 No, you should look at those packages and see which one is depending on
12 "<dev-python/pygtk-2.9", which is an older version of pygtk and likely
13 not compatible with pygobject-2.14, thus the block.
14
15 Blindly changing the USE flag may or may not solve the block and could
16 possibly create even more issues for you.
19 Albert W. Hopkins
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list