From: Robert Welz <welz@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XEN on Gentoo, enough stable for production use ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:34:50
1 I have some problems with NFS on a domU. Having mounted my home
2 partition on Dom0 from an nfs server on a domU I invoke an X-Session and
3 get my e-mail from my server from another DomU with thunderbird. I get
4 some 1000 mails a day. Sometimes suddenly all hangs and
5 /var/log/messages tell me "NFS server cannot be contacted".
6
7 I can ping to the outside but I cannot ping each of my DomU's.
8
9 My second xenified machine doesn't crash and runs several days now. but
10 has neither an nfs server nor an X-server installed.
11
12 I filed a bug today and do not mount my home partition from the nfs
13 server anymore although every 2nd day a script connects to all my
14 domains over ssh and does an emerge -update -deep world [+metadata]
15 after --sync on the portage proxy over nfs, which is apparently the same
16 nfs server my home partion came from. I will investigate that further
17 and report if I still have problems.
18
19 Greetings,
20 Robert