From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OO Build Failed
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:47:16
1 Randy Barlow schrieb:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 >> Can you retry with:
4 >>
5 >> CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3 -pipe"
6 [...]
7 >> Also, why are you running an i386 CHOST? You should probably have
8 >> used an i686 stage3 tarball...
9 >
10 > Hmm, somehow I must not have noticed that. You are certainly right
11 > though - it is possible to migrate my system to the i686 CHOST gracefully?
12
13 CHOST isn't that important at all. Much much more important are the
14 CFLAGS, and here especially -march (or -mtune & -mcpu). If you're
15 using a Pentium 3 and have done "emerge -e world" once, then all is
16 fine.
17
18 Alexander Skwar
19 --
20 The important thing is not to stop questioning.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list