From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] custom kernel with nvidia-drivers
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:30:09
1 Time ago when I upgraded nvidia-drivers from 295 to 3xx series there was no way to start
2 X, it would crash immediately with my custom built kernel. After many tests I switched to
3 a kernel config taken from a live CD which worked (and still works) fine with the 3xx
4 nvidia-drivers but pulls in a lot of stuff don't think I really need. I started to remove
5 kernel options one by one to go back to a custom kernel but that is a painful road.
6
7 Is there a minimal set of kernel options required to run the nvidia-driver documented
8 somewhere? The gentoo wiki suggests to remove framebuffer, DRM, noveau but apparently that
9 is not sufficient.
10
11 The current graphic board is a GTX750-based, if it matters.
12
13 thanks,
14
15 raffaele